40 Prescott Street, Brookline
Historic Gem in Brookline's Cottage Farm
A rare offering in Brookline’s sought-after Cottage Farm Historic District, this corner manse is rich with historic detail, invoking timeless sensibility and ready for modern refinement. Graced by corinthian columns and cornices, its entry hall is flanked by mirrored French and glass pocket doors. At the south end, a stately 500 sq ft living room with fireplace and adjoining sun porch. At the north end, a sitting room with adjoining patio and hidden door to the adjacent garage. In the center, the coffered-ceiling dining room features mahogany woodwork and a bay of leaded-glass windows. On the second level, two grand bedroom suites––one with French doors to a large balcony. In total, 7 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, and 6 fireplaces. Last sold in the 1960s, this home retains unmuddled architectural details and an antique Cyrus Carpenter cast iron stove. Two garages.
Background and purpose of the sale:
- For decades, this home housed fellows of Life Together, a fellowship and leadership development project that matches emerging young leaders with mission-based non-profit organizations, schools, and churches throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
- The Episcopal Diocese of Mass. is using the proceeds of this sale to renovate Saint Mark’s rectory in Dorchester and Saint Luke’s Chapel in Roxbury.
- Explore the home’s historical and architectural details in the video series below, featuring interviews with the property steward.
- 7 Beds
- 4.5 Baths
- 6 Fireplaces
- 5,586 Sq. Ft.
- 2 Garages
- 5 Car Parking
- Sat., April 10: 11am–12pm
- Sun., April 11: 11am–12pm
- Blocks to Amory Park
- Blocks to the Green Line (B and C lines)
- Under half a mile to BU Bridge to central Cambridge
- Under a mile to Longwood Medical Area / Fenway
- Quick access to Downtown Boston
Founder of the Good Boston Living team with Unlimited Sotheby’s International Realty, Melony provides strategic, intimate advising to home sellers and buyers throughout Greater Boston. Since 2010, she’s forged genuine, trusting relationships with clients, guiding them to intelligent, winning decisions. Read more
Scott is the managing partner of Unlimited Sotheby’s International Realty based in Brookline, Jamaica Plain and Newton. A Brookline resident and one of the top-producing agents in the market for over two decades, Scott’s clients have continually rewarded him with years of repeat business and referrals to their families and friends. Read more